Monday, September 26, 2011

Hamburger Biscuit Casserole



Well, I really wanted to say EASY Hamburger Biscuit Casserole but I am getting too repetitive on the 'easy' word. This really is a fast casserole.

In fact, I am known as the bread lady OR the casserole girl. I love dining with my gourmet friends who know how to do great presentations of all the foods on the plate. They know how to make the plain veggies look elegant. I, on the other hand, find it easy to put everything in one casserole rather than beauty on the plate. Could it be that I have so many boys that pretty isn't top priority or is just the harried mom syndrome that makes me revert to a casserole with everything in the meal in one place? Humm...I will leave that one alone and simply keep my alias "the casserole gal."

I got this recipe from one of my daughter in law's. She, like me, looks for fast meals. She has some great recipes that I will be sharing over the next few months with you all....stay tuned for more great EASY dishes.

In large skillet:
3# ground beef (Brown)

Add and cook/stir till heated thoroughly:
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
16 oz. cream cheese
3 cups frozen corn
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Put into large casserole dish. I used a stainless steel lasagna pan. (click here) This is when I usually pull out my stainless steel lasagna pan but it was filled with yet another casserole for this meal!

Cook at 350 for 45 min.









Top with biscuits and place back in oven until biscuits are done.
You can use canned biscuits or the homemade whole wheat biscuits I made.




Biscuits Recipe

2 cups whole wheat white flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp honey
1/2 butter chopped
2/3 cup milk

Mix the dry ingredients and cut in the butter. Then add the honey and milk. Mix and drop on the casserole or put on a cookie sheet and bake 15 min. at 350 degrees.

Note from Paula: I double this recipe so I could have biscuits on the side as well as biscuits on top of the casserole.

No comments:

Post a Comment